In The Spotlight: Meet Kaizen Director, Hugh Quigley
26th October 2016
Last week, in the first of our Director Spotlight series of blog posts, we got to know a little more about Lauren Mulligan, one of the directors here at Kaizen. Next in the spotlight is Hugh Quigley, a dad, gym enthusiast and Kaizen Director who has worked in the recruitment industry for 20 years.
- First job… Construction job – everything from labouring to painting etc. Taught me how to multitask.
- Worst job… Construction job in Philadelphia during one of their worst winters. It was freezing and convinced me to return to education and find a new career!
- In college… My first degree was in Social Science. I also have a Masters in IT. The Masters got me a job here in Dublin.
- Best work-related advice given… Be nice – manners cost nothing – and work hard and focus. My recently departed uncle drilled this into us growing up in Derry City.
- Advice to anyone entering the workplace for the first time… Be positive, enthusiastic and show a willingness to work hard and learn new skills. Be prepared to differentiate yourself from the pack and build positive relationships with your colleagues.
- Why use a recruitment agency… An agency provides a professional service for you to present your skills, experience and educational qualifications to the relevant employers. The agency should also allow you the opportunity to hone your interview skills, as well as fine tune your CV, thereby giving you the best chance of finding the right job.
- Dream job… Looking after the Mediterranean island the guy from the EuroMillions ad on TV buys for Ireland.
- Outside of work… I regularly go to the gym during the week at lunchtime; my colleagues cannot believe my dedication or my six-pack – NOT! I also have a 22-month-old boy and a nine-year-old girl to keep me amused. Although I think the nine-year-old is already a teenager!
- Balancing family life and work… Focus on getting things done during the working day; delegate and plan ahead. Evenings and weekends have to be prioritised as time goes by so quickly and if you are not careful you might miss out.
Contact Hugh on LinkedIn or email Hugh@KaizenRecruitment.com